The Vast and Brutal Sea (#3)
Release Date: July 1st, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
This epic clash of sand and sea will pit brother against brother - and there can only be one winner.
In two days, the race for the Sea Court throne will be over - but all the rules have changed. The sea witch, Nieve, has kidnapped Layla and is raising an army of mutant sea creatures to overthrow the crown. Kurt, the one person Tristan could depend on in the battle for the Sea King's throne, has betrayed him. Now Kurt wants the throne for himself. Tristan has the Scepter of the Earth, but it's not enough. He'll have to travel to the mysterious, lost Isle of Tears and unleash the magic that first created the king's powerful scepter. It's a brutal race to the finish, and there can only be one winner.
Heeeeey! Today I'm bringing you our stop for The Vast and Brutal Sea Blog Tour, and I'm excited to share a Q&A with all of you lovely people. And don't forget that if you haven't started The Vicious Deep, the battle may be coming to an end in The Vast and Brutal Sea, but your journey is only just beginning.
Was that too cheesy? D:
Commencing Q&A in 3...2...1...
1) I think it's safe to say that Tristan wasn't expecting to be a merman in the beginning of the series. If you were secretly a mermaid and it has been hidden from you all your life, what would be your ideal way of having someone break this news to you? It can be however you'd like it to be, as crazy as wished, of course.
What do you mean? I’ve always known I was a mermaid.But just in case I grew up not knowing… I would really like my parents to throw me a surprise party. I feel like when kids in books get magical transformations, it’s always after a near-death experience. This includes what I did to Tristan. It’s like, how about, don’t wait till your kid is almost killed to tell them they’re magical. Throw them a coming out party. Instead of having a HAPPY BIRTHDAY BANNER you can have a HEY, YOU’RE
2) I cannot, it seems, resist a well-done romance in books of all kind. What is your favorite part of Layla and Tristan's relationship?
My favorite part is that Layla sees Tristan for who he was and for who he can be. She knows his past. She knows his struggle as a merman, but he’s still her best friend. She can’t help but love him. He accepts that she’s a little hard with her emotions, and she accepts that he’s imperfect.
3) Of all three books in The Vicious Deep series, is there one that you might possibly love the most? Because sometimes you just can't help but pick a favorite. And if there is, is there any particular reason for it being your favorite?
THIS IS TOUGH. At the moment, I love book 3 the most. It’s like how parents love the newest baby the most for a few months. (Wait, that’s not how it works?) There’s this scene in book 3 that has to do with the Sleeping Giants of the sea. I LOVE that. It was so much fun to write. If you read it, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
4) As a book lover, I just can't help myself from asking about what you're currently reading! And also, what would you recommend readers to pick up after they finished what lies in store for them in The Vast and Brutal Sea?
After you read The Vicious Deep Trilogy (wink wink), I suggest The Lies Beneath Trilogy for those who want more merman books. Because of all the writing and editing, I haven’t had time to read. I have a huge TBR pile. Some books on that stack include The Coldest Girl in
Cold Town by Holly Black, and Promise of Shadows by
Justina . Ireland
5) Can you describe The Vicious Deep series in five words to new readers?
An action-packed, funny adventure.
6) Now that Tristan's story has come to a close (*cries* I''lllll missss you Tristan!), do you have any upcoming plans regarding writing? Is it possible to share any information, even a very small guarantee that we can look forward to more stories from you?
I’m working on a YA that has me super excited. It’s secret.
I have a New Adult contemporary romance called Luck on the Line coming out November 10, 2014 from Diversion Books!
Thanks for having me on your blog!
It's been a pleasure hosting a Q&A today, but there's still more to come! Keep reading for a chance to win a giveaway if you order a paperback copy of The Savage Blue or pre-order The Vast and Brutal Sea and while you're at it, remember watch the trailer for the finale of The Vicious Deep series as well!
Zoraida Córdova was born in Guayaquil, Ecuador, where she learned to speak English by watching Disney’s The Little Mermaid and Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker on repeat. Her favorite things are sparkly like merdudes, Christmas, and New York City at night.
Giveawaya Rafflecopter giveaway