Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Hiatus & What's to Come

Hey you,

Yes you. 

Come closer. 

A little bit more. 

More. 

Perfect. 

Now I'm going to share something important and top secret with you. 

There can be no sharing, no whispering exchange of the information I'm about to share with you right now. 

Are you ready?

Are you really? 

Yes? 

Okay. I'll trust you to make your own decisions. 

But don't say I didn't warn you. 


Okay, maybe that would've been a little funnier in person, with me actually burping in your face. I'm known to be able to do a MEAN burp. Yep...of cour- yeah, no not really. 

So this post is exactly what it sounds like. With Christmas and the New Years around, the holidays tend to be as stressful as they are fun. I know I personally have a really busy schedule these next two weeks, and I thought it wouldn't be fair to be pretty MIA with no explanation. I love blogging and talking about books with cool people (that's you, darling), but sometimes I just need a short little break to refresh myself. Blogging isn't a piece of cake, it's fairly time consuming. It takes a while to sit down and write a review, find links, and then go visit and comment on other blogs. 

As I'm writing this post though, I'm also writing up a few posts to be scheduled in the next week or two so the blog won't be empty empty while I'm gone. I don't know if Sarah or Izzy will post during winter break, but if they do, you'll have that to look forward to too. No promises though.

I'll still be somewhat active on Twitter, but I won't be posting anything other than the ones I'll be writing today and tomorrow. 

And some of you guys might like to know, the memes are returning. At least for these next two weeks. After that, I'm going back to doing them when I feel like it. 

If you have any questions or general concerns over the course of my short hiatus, or if you'd just like to stop by and say hi, you can tweet me @Kami178xx. I'll try my best to respond in a timely matter. 

Oh, and congratulations to you if you're reading this post. 


You, my dearest friend, survived the End of the World. And even with the lack of brain-eating zombies, crumbling ruins of what was once populated cities, and more; that is quite the accomplishment, if I do say so myself. So 12/21/12 wasn't humanity's doomsday. But if you've been taken to the next level of Enlightenment  or something, do let me know in the comments down below. Anyhow...

You can read on if you're interested in whats to come at Wake Up at Seven, courtesy of Kaede, during the end of December. Otherwise, if not, take care and I'll see you guys in the new year! 

THE DEFINITE REVIEWS: 

Splintered
"With it's vivid descriptions of Wonderland, and the stunning style of writing, A.G. Howard has skillfully created a debut novel you won't want to miss, be it for it's beautiful cover or the praise-worthy content inside." - Kaede @ Wake Up at Seven
Estimate Review Post Date: 12/23-12/24

Recommended Status: HIGH 

Covet Worthy: EXTREME 

Add SPLINTERED to Goodreads!



The Wrap-Up List

"Friendship, first love, and fantasy artfully mesh in this magically realistic world that ultimately celebrates life." - Book Synopsis

Estimate Review Post Date: 12/28-12/29

Recommended Status: Meh 

Covet Worthy: Middle Ground

Add THE WRAP-UP LIST to Goodreads!





Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
"Fantastic in it's own way, Through the Ever Night manages to expand on what appealed to readers in Under the Never Sky and make it into something even more impressive to behold. This is one series you'll regret if you miss out on." - Kaede @ Wake Up at Seven


Estimate Review Post Date: 12/25

Recommended Status: HIGH 

Covet Worthy: EXTREME

Add THROUGH THE EVER NIGHT to Goodreads!







THE MAYBE REVIEWS:

52 Reasons to Hate My FatherSend
The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)Hooked



















MEMES:

 [This is a maybe. Teaser Tuesday isn't definite currently.]



Short Story Saturday (Hosted by Lauren @ 365 Days of Reading. I don't think there's a header that she created for her meme, so I can't provide one. And I'm too lazy to make my own. Tsk.)

SPECIALS: 

Best of 2012 Survey! - There're a few of these roaming around the blogging community, and so I'm gonna try to hunt down my favorite. This post will be an exception and will not be typed until December 30th, to give all books a fair chance. Who knows? I might read a book on my hiatus that'll blow me away (hopefully not literally, with how windy it's been here). Cause guys, I'm still reading even if I'm not blogging, you know. But if I'm super busy, the post might be delayed. If so, I apologize in advance. I'll also try and see if I can get Sarah and Izzy's answers, but again, no promises!

Stacking the Shelves #11 - THE EPIC AND LAZY EDITION: I think this speaks for itself. We're ending off the year with a bang! There's gonna be a hell lotta goodies in this post, that is, if I tire myself out and take a whole day putting this together. You'll see books that Sarah got too! Isn't that exciting? So someone sent me a long prep talk so I'm not afraid to attempt this long overdue post.

If you managed to successfully read all that, kudos to you! I never said this would be a short update, sweetheart. Anyway, big thanks to all of you readers of Wake Up at Seven out there, this blog wouldn't be the same without each of you. Whether or not you're a silent reader or a frequent commenter, know that we appreciate every single one of you. I can already see 2013, and we hope you'll continue to follow us through the coming year. We have lots of splendid reviews and giveaways planned for you guys! I also want to take the time to thank all the fantastic authors and publishers I personally had the chance to work with, all of you guys were nothing short of awesome! I've met some fantastic people through blogging, and this is truly an experience I won't forget, even after I stop. Though I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I really and truly love all of you, and love what I do.






















xoxo, 
Kaede

--  


Contact Kaede: 
Email: kimberlyho75@yahoo.com
Goodreads: Kaede
Twitter: Kami178xx






4 comments:

  1. You seem like so much fun! I just have to follow your blog because this post was great!

    Jasmine


    http://beneaththemoonandstars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, thanks! That means a lot<3 I hope you like our content then, and come back soon! x)

      xoxo,
      Kaede

      Delete
  2. LATE LATE LATE. But whatever. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! (this isn't late) HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE & HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!! WE SURVIVED THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! MUHAHAHA, now all I need to do, is make caps be the new devil to typing. *evil grin* >:)

    Mkay, bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfft. If you wanna talk about late, let's take a look at my response time, mhm. But what the hey. SUPER LATE CHRISTMAS AND NEWS YEAR TOO, HAPPY SUPER LATE CHRISTMAS TO YOU, YOU, YOU! Tehehe. And survive we did, my friend. 2013 would not have been a good year to die, with all my sequels coming out. Death would've had a very angry girl on his hands.

      Delete